Monday, January 2, 2012

[BellaAndEdward] Fic Of The Day 1-2-12

 

Written In The Stars                 » by Lissa Bryan
Edward is king of a dying race, his planet torn by civil war. Bella is abducted to become his bride. From college student to Queen... Can she learn to love this strange man and help save his people? AU/OOC. Rated M for lemons, violence and mature themes.
complete - Rated: M - Romance/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 31
 
This one is a bit weird and yet it totally sucked me in.  I want to explain what I mean by "weird" but I don't want to ruin anything if there are those of you who would rather find out by reading the story itself. So here is some spoiler space.

If you want to know what I mean by weird, scroll down.

+
+
+
+
+
 
W
R
I
T
T
E
N
 
I
N
 
T
H
E
 
S
T
A
R
S
 
+
+
+
+
+


Bella has a bodyguard named Tanya: blue skin, triangle shaped eyes, appears gender neutral. 

Edward and Emmett are brothers:  4 fingers per hand with claw-like nails and extra sharp teeth and wait for it... they have tails!  I know it seems really odd and I hope by telling you this I haven't turned you off from the story, it really is quite good and for the most part you don't even notice that stuff.  Edward is about 7 feet tall if I remember correctly.  All the men are extremely tall and their life span is several hundred years.

There was something about females dying off on his planet and they are from what we would call 3000 years in the future. They do some sort of DNA scans of people on other planets both present and past, searching for as close of a match as they can find to help the mating process along.
 
I know this all sounds really weird and if someone described to me, what I just did to you, I wouldn't want to read it... but I really liked it.  It starts with Bella planning her suicide. She'd already found a home for her cat and given away all her furniture, etc.  Edward's planet has advancements like travelling back in time to get Bella and take her to Edward's time. Yet other things are what I consider not advanced like the way they sleep.

They have more advances in the medical field, for example there was something "wrong" with Bella's brain causing her to be prone to depression so they fixed it for her.  I think they might have done something to extend her life span too but I can't remember.

There is an amusing section of the story in which Edward has gone hunting and presents his kills to Bella, she gives him an odd reaction and after a few days in a row of this, Bella learns that this is actually the way men on their planet propose, and she rushes off to find him, it was quite amusing.







.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment