Monday, July 5, 2010

[BellaAndEdward] All those 'gotta have Bella's dress' girls make me want to scream

 

TWILIGHT came out and seemed like virtually EVERY female fan just HAD to have Bella's blue dress.

And many of them were so excited and proud that they posted on their LJ pages or on facebook or wherever... and many of them posted pictures.

Now some of those girls looked good, a few looked great, and some looked REALLY bad. What is just so sad is that that same dress, which looked so amazing on Kristen, looked TERRIBLE on so many of them! And they honestly didn't see it. People do that ALL the time. They rip out pictures from magazines or print them off the internet because "Oh SHE looks so fabulous. So if I get the exact same thing, then I'll look just as fabulous as her, right? Right?!!"

Everyone is built different. Everyone looks different. Some people are pear-shaped, some are rectangles, some are hourglasses and some are circles. Someone picked out that exact dress because of how it looked on KRISTEN!!!

And then people have different skin colors and hair colors and eye colors.

I had a very good friend in college who was from India. She had the loveliest color of mocha skin and could wear tangerine and fushia and lime green and she would look AMAZING. Put those same colors on me and I looked like a ghoul! My wrap dress which flattered my long legs and small waist, pulled snug across her middle and made her full stomach look even bigger.

BECAUSE WE ARE BUILT DIFFERENT!

It makes me smack my forehead and shake my head in disgust when I see people doing that. Instead of taking inspiration and trying to EMULATE someone that they admire, they try to copy them exactly. They slap on something that they see in a picture or on a movie and walk down the street thinking "Damn, I look good."

They are so thrilled to have Rachel's haircut or Bella's dress that they don't realize that Rachel's haircut makes their face look fat or that Bella's flowy dress with an empire waist made their straight up-and-down figure look boyish.

Try to wear someone else's clothing or getting their haircut can be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Anyone else get exasperated by it sometimes? Anyone?

Just my two cents.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment