Saturday, March 6, 2010

[BellaAndEdward] OT: Brandee's job

 

okie dokie... remember I mentioned a few months ago that I was going to get layed off... well I've got an update for you.  I've been getting more stressed as time went by, thinking "the end" was coming any time now, when last Tuesday I happen to check my work email on my day off, only to discover that I had an email from our HR person that said:

I have talked to a few of you and let you know that if you were thinking about moving to Bend, there would be a job available for you.  I wanted to ask personally, not in an email, but I keep missing some of you and just wanted to let all of you know that the offer is open to you.

At first I didn't even consider it because I really do not want to move, to me it doesn't matter if it's going to Bend, or moving across the parking lot, it still means packing all the crap in my apartment, having people in/out of the apartment (which is going to scare the sh*t out of my youngest cat, she gets very freaked out when someone else is in the apartment). But long story short,  my fear of being unemployed was stronger than my hatred of moving so I changed my mind and decided to go. 

I just couldn't make myself turn down a guaranteed job that I already knew how to do and was not at a lower pay rate. I think we'll be happy once settled over there. I certainly hope so, because I don't know anyone over there. But I am excited that rent in general appears to be cheaper over there. There is no way I could afford a duplex by myself here in the Eugene/Springfield area, but over there I can. 

I looked at a few places and a couple were nice, but right by busy streets. My cats like to go outside so I chose the one at the end of a cul-de-sac. I'm not thrilled with having to deal with stairs again, but otherwise it's pretty great. It's bigger than what I'm in now (2 bedrooms with walk-in closets, instead of just the one I have now) and 1.5 bathrooms and hook-ups for washer & dryer (that has me excited, does that make me sad? ha ha)  and it's $10 cheaper per month than what I'm in now.  Though I do think I'm getting screwed over on the cleaning/pet deposits. 

I thought I was going to have around 3 weeks to get this done, then they asked if I could be there next week. I said I'd try to be there on Friday the 12th and they practically begged me to try to be there sooner.  So right now I'm scrambling to get pack so I can move on Tuesday the 9th.  I get side-tracked by the internet very easily so I'm going to call and get that cancelled today so I'm not distracted from packing.  So you can email me but I probably won't be answering for at least a week when my internet is up at the new place.

wish me luck, I will need it  :)


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old women used to come up to me at weddings,
poking me in the ribs and saying, "You're next."
They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.




.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment