Sunday, January 2, 2011

Re: [BellaAndEdward] about my FOTD postings

 



Yeah, that can be a bummer. :(
 
I'm more of a short story type of writer, myself. Sure, I've done a couple of series that have been four parts. And I've done a little longer pieces with collaborators, but my muse is a short story/poem, type of muse. But rushing something that could and maybe should be 20 chapters, isn't right, IMHO, either. And sometimes with 20 chapters, the fanfic writer can fall into the pit known as inconsistancy too---just like series can on tv. Nothing worse than a show that you used to love going down in flames because of bad writing. Case in point---Smallville. Case in point of one that hasn't---Castle. : ) Prolific Peggy. PS: Course, there's the problem of putting too much into the story---one lesson I have been taught---less is more.
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] about my FOTD postings

 

One thing that I think makes a story "ok" when it could be "great" is when it feels rushed -- the plot from the summary sounds good, but the author is clearly impatient to get to the good stuff and has them going from the first introduction to moving in and getting married within 7 or 8 chapters, instead of stretching it out to 20 chapters or so.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment