Sunday, January 2, 2011

Re: [BellaAndEdward] about my FOTD postings

 



You have to counter with support---saying it's a great work but---. And you have to do it one on one---not on list or in a forum---or a fanfic site. That's paramount---you don't mean to embarrass but sometimes what you say can be taken the wrong way. Newbies are---heck, even us oldsters---can be unsure of ourselves.
 
You know, the one thing that sends me away from a piece---okay, two things. Spelling and when the characters are so out of character, it makes my teeth hurt. For example---Veronica Mars goes to bed with Weevil and then the next day decides that Logan is the one for her. That's not what bugged me---it was the fact that Weevil was okay with it---saying something like it's happened before---it will happen again. Now to me, Weevil would be stronger---be less okay with it and let VM know that. She might still go back to Logan but at least she would know what was what.
 
This tends to happen because a person is writing out of the box. You write a pairing you don't totally believe in---people will notice. I know I tried to write a Mulder/Scully once in the X-Files realm but it never saw the light of day because I'm a dyed in the wool---Skinner/Scully, forever. : ) Prolific Peggy.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] about my FOTD postings

 

I know what you mean... how do you say that you're plot idea is good, but your execution needs work, without it coming out sounding like "you suck".


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment