Sunday, October 31, 2010

Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 



 
----- Original Message -----
From: Ava Gurley
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:53 AM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 

I sure do not see a reason to get mad and flame an author.  It is better to just move on if you don't like it.    >
 
I think sometimes a reader does this because they read another pairing. Maybe it's so good they are disgusted---or maybe they are trying to get the writer to write theirs. I know a friend got one and she was a little pissed until I told her, sound's like it's not the person's pairing. That is just as bad as a writer writing a pairing that doesn't sing to them. It doesn't work either and makes the characters seem so much further out of character that you don't like them. For example---I read this X-Files piece where at the end, Mulder did something so far out of left field, I knew the author was an MSR writer---and not an SSR writer. For the record, when an author is flammed for the reasons above, it just doesn't work---changing our minds that is---so, it's just a lot of hot air that vanishes. But it's always good to have a friend to come along and say, who cares---10 people love it---if it doesn't vanish like hot air.
 
I read one author whose first story was very poorly written, but it had heart and a plot.  She started a second story that was written much better, and had a good storyline, but she went back to school. So, she kind of stopped writing.  Don't know when she will be back. >
 
I count my X-files days as preparing me to be a fanfic writer. I cringe at some of the stuff I read---but it was a learning experience---and Smallville got the benefit of it. : ) What I don't like in stories is when they get spelling errors all over the place. Now, if English is your second language, that's understandable---but if it's a first language---I'm gone pretty fast. Hopefully she'll be back, sweetie. : )  
 
Peggy Prolific, I don't think I have read your work, got any links.  >
 
I've got two stories I'm working on for Twilight---one is Jake and Nessie---the other is Seth and an original character. I do have a couple of poems on this list, I believe. Most of my other stuff is Smallville. If you are over 18, you can join Naughty seduction - chlex. Put that into the search engine---trust me---you can run into some stuff you don't want to with the Chlex there. :: sigh :: Or I can send you some stuff---e-mail me offline. : ) Thanks for asking. : ) Prolific Peggy.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment