Saturday, October 30, 2010

Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 



Yeah, there are a lot of reasons why they do that---which is why I try to stay away from WIP. If I'm invested in a story, like you, I want to know how it ends too. In can be RL problems, like you say. Or maybe they just can't figure an ending for it---or get bored with the story. Or they're going to go professional and take it down. Or they don't get enough feedback and figure nobody is reading it. This is why sites with viewing stats are good. Heck, somebody can flame the story and they feel so hurt, they take it down. I don't care for flamers at all. A constructive critique is okay---and best done offlist or offsite. But flamers can destroy the fanfic writer so badly that they might not write another word. Prolific Peggy.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ava Gurley
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 

I know they need the feedback, but I can tell you that I have seen a lot of authors quit writing their stories, that I loved to read, and now are just gone.  I understand that they are having some real life problems, but I just really want to know how it all ends.   I wait for months and months for updates, and I stick with them, but now, I am all for the finished works.  I will rarely start a WIP.   


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment