Sunday, October 31, 2010

Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 

There are a few reasons that fics disappear

1) the author loses interest

2) the author is planning on publishing it or another version of the story (same plots different characters)

3) they find people are posting their works with out permission on databases or other sites (had an author recently delete a story for this)

4) there is a group that is out there purposefully going and reporting stories on ff.net for the M rated items and getting them deleted.

I have also recently found that is seems a very well like and known author in the ff world faked her death in order to get out of writing. Now there is no proof of this, except that her fb page is still active.

Cas
VolturiCaptain.jpg TCG Captain picture by mi_nai_leeloo



-----Original Message-----
From: Ava Gurley <girleygirl251@yahoo.com>
To: BellaAndEdward@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Oct 31, 2010 5:53 am
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories



I sure do not see a reason to get mad and flame an author.  It is better to just move on if you don't like it.  
 
I read one author whose first story was very poorly written, but it had heart and a plot.  She started a second story that was written much better, and had a good storyline, but she went back to school. So, she kind of stopped writing.  Don't know when she will be back. 
 
Peggy Prolific, I don't think I have read your work, got any links. 


From: mary davidson <mary.davidson@sympatico.ca>
To: BellaAndEdward@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 6:10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 

Yeah, there are a lot of reasons why they do that---which is why I try to stay away from WIP. If I'm invested in a story, like you, I want to know how it ends too. In can be RL problems, like you say. Or maybe they just can't figure an ending for it---or get bored with the story. Or they're going to go professional and take it down. Or they don't get enough feedback and figure nobody is reading it. This is why sites with viewing stats are good. Heck, somebody can flame the story and they feel so hurt, they take it down. I don't care for flamers at all. A constructive critique is okay---and best done offlist or offsite. But flamers can destroy the fanfic writer so badly that they might not write another word. Prolific Peggy.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ava Gurley
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] reading WIP or completed stories

 
I know they need the feedback, but I can tell you that I have seen a lot of authors quit writing their stories, that I loved to read, and now are just gone.  I understand that they are having some real life problems, but I just really want to know how it all ends.   I wait for months and months for updates, and I stick with them, but now, I am all for the finished works.  I will rarely start a WIP.   





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment