Wednesday, October 14, 2009

[BellaAndEdward] Pattinson: Gals Like Edward, Not Me

 

Pattinson: Gals Like Edward, Not Me

Posted Wednesday 14 October 10:25 AM By: PopEater Staff

Robert Pattinson
 
Even though Robert Pattinson has millions of woman swooning, he isn't fazed. "It's just a job and while it's a job I love, girls scream out for Edward, not Robert. I still can't get a date," he told Sydney Morning Herald. And while he's thankful for his 'Twilight' success, he really doesn't think his acting is that great and admits he still feels "awkward in front of a camera."

After the jump, Pattinson reveals why 'New Moon' set him free, why he's sick of vampires and how Hugh Jackman beat him at karaoke.


How he's handling his 'Twilight' success: "All right, I hope. It's still sort of new... To be honest, I still don't really understand what's going on. Like yesterday, I was having lunch down the road. We were in this place for a couple of hours and suddenly there was like 400 people outside on the street. It was just so nuts and it's like that all the time now."

How he plans to deal with 'New Moon' hysteria: "When the second one comes out, then I'll see how I am. Mostly I can ignore things to quite a big extent and kind of pretend they're not really happening."


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Why he loved filming 'New Moon': "I'm not the lead in the second film. Taylor [Lautner] is. I appear in Bella's dreams. So I'm in it but the focus is not on me. I just have significant moments at the beginning and the end. So I'm more of a supporting role in this one, which is why I felt so free. I didn't have to deal with any of the bulls*** of the first one. I don't have to hold the movie or worry about the fans. I think I did it better without all those pressures."

On his future roles: "I'm lining up so many different films so it'll be harder to just label me the vampire guy... . With acting, a lot of the time you're doing scenes you don't really relate to and you don't really know why you're being cast half the time."

How he's bonding with his 'Unbound Captives' co-star, Hugh Jackman: "We went karaoke singing. We were singing Abba songs, it was pretty funny. It was sort of an Abba song sing-off, you know, last man standing. I think he won, only because he can drink more than me and still sing in tune. He's a cool guy and I'm really looking forward to that film."

How he relaxes: "I don't really need to do stuff to relax or get away because all my interests are part of my job. Like I'll watch movies to be inspired to do other movies. I read books to be inspired. I listen to music to be inspired to write music. Everything I do is to create something."


Cas Volturi Captain

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment