Friday, October 9, 2009

[BellaAndEdward] Re: fic recommendation

 

I was afraid someone would ask.... I didn't mark it as a fav, but I'm
pretty sure I can find it again... I'll right back.

Found it..... http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=7643

--- In BellaAndEdward@yahoogroups.com, Ava Gurley <girleygirl251@...>
wrote:
>
> So Susie, what is the name of the fanfiction you are talking about??
>
> --- On Fri, 10/9/09, Susie sueinsb@... wrote:
>
>
> From: Susie sueinsb@...
> Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] fic recommendation
> To: BellaAndEdward@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Friday, October 9, 2009, 1:11 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Fanfiction is incredibly addictive. I've read some OUTSTANDING
stories and can't stop searching for more. However, I won't read any
story where Edward isn't a vampire or Jacob isn't a werewolf. The
characters can't change, just the outcomes of their relationships. I
read a short heartbreaker last night set 3 years after Edward left, but
instead of leaving, he watched Bella from a distance.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: Brandee <ringthebella@ vyanet.com>
> To: BellaAndEdward@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Fri, October 9, 2009 5:33:25 AM
> Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] fic recommendation
>
>
>
> That confused me also when I started reading Fanfic, especially the
stories where they are OOC (out of character). One thing that people
use fanfic for is to have a story where the characters do what they wish
would have happened in the book. For example, people who wish Bella had
chosen Jacob. I have seen a few stories that have alternate endings for
Breaking Dawn, a few alternate endings for Twilight (like what if they
had not been able to suck the venom out after James bit Bella -- or
there was one where they wrote the story so that when Edward did that,
since Bella was his singer, it made him human again.) -- but most of the
alternate ending stories I have read have been different endings for New
Moon. I think there are some really good ones out there, both "in
character" and OOC.
>
> I agree with you though, when the character is nothing at all similar
to the character in the book, other than the name happens to be the
same... but after awhile I found myself reading those stories too. I
think some of the best stories are "all human" but they are so "in
character" that I feel like I'm still reading the books. I could
suggest a few of those if you like.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Cheryl [mailto:enchanteddr eams@cfl. rr.com]
> To: BellaAndEdward@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:43:08 -0400
> Subject: Re: [BellaAndEdward] fic recommendation
>
>
> I have a question- I'm new to fanfic. I read one where it continues on
when Renesme is in high school. It was pretty good.
>
>
> I read my second fanfic yesterday, and the person had taken the
characters names from twilight, but everything was different-
> no vampires, characters acted differently, families were set up
differently.
>
> I thought fanfic was to continue a story ( because I was definately
having withdrawals after Breaking Dawn ended ! :) )
>
>
> Isn't that just using the names and writing a story?
> How is it fanfic when they aren't even remotely the same?
>
> Thanks for explaining this!
>
> Cheryl
>
>
>
>
> .
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Zone

Connect w/ others

who love cats.

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Just for moms

Join the discussion

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment