Sunday, September 27, 2009

Re: [BellaAndEdward] Re: Midnight Sun

 

 
----- Original Message -----
From: peggyquade
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:24 AM
Subject: [BellaAndEdward] Re: Midnight Sun

 

Hello everyone: >

From one Peggy to another---welcome. : )


I am a newbie here but read everyone's posts everyday and I just had to comment on this sting...put my two cents in, if you will.
I am also older and tho I don't know Stephanie personally, what I have seen and what I've read that she's written about her writing process, etc, it's my opinion she is not waiting on Midnight Sun to re-capture an audience and make millions. Just my opinion. Stephanie has inspired me to start writing again, something I put on a back burner for the last ten years. So, having that passionate drive to put a storyline, characters, descriptions down on paper is something I personally understand. And I can feel a little of her disappointment that someone leaked Midnight Sun before she was done with it...it could stop a writer in their tracks. That drive very well could get extinguished instantly. It's my opinion that she has found a new passionate story that she wants to work on, or the movie...and when she is ready, when that flame is back, she will get back to Midnight Sun. It's my opinion it has nothing to do with the money. And, tho I am 99.9% certain she cares deeply about her fans, I don't think very many writers write just to please their fans. They write because they must make the characters and the story in their head come alive on paper. She has that passion so the time will come. We just have to be patient and hope the time comes soon! Thanks for listening to my opinion!
Peggy in Edmonds, WA---  >

You know---I totally agree with you, sweetie. I've always said to people when they want to start writing, be it fanfic or original fic---write for yourself, first and foremost. If other's read it and love it---then it's the cherry on top of the sundae. : ) If you think the other way---and I've seen some newbies do that, then you will probably just write one thing and that will be that.

See, people sometimes only have time to read a fanfic---and not do feedback. When a newbie sees that with their first fanfic---they tend to---panic. Why isn't somebody reading it? It somebody reading it---why no feedback---is it that bad? This is why I love forums that have a reply section and a viewing section. And why I tend to pull them back and say, well, they read it---that's the first step. They just didn't have time to leave feedback is all. I, myself, write fanfic for Chlex and I can tell you, the NC-17 chlex is more popular than the PG-13, which I write.

I just can't write the NC-17 because of something that happened to me in another fandom. I almost gave up on writing fanfic period after that---until Lex and Chloe caught my eyes and I was off to the races. Trust me when I say, I know how SM feels---I had a piece of mine butchered and if that really hurts to a fanfic writer----imagine somebody who wrote an original piece and found the unfinished product online without their permission. As much as I saw red and cried my eyes out for what happened to me---it's got to be 10 times as worse for her. And it takes a long time to get over it. Hey, I'm thinking that even when the Twilight saga is finished---it might be many years before she goes back---or never. What one person did to her (or persons), we should be pissed at---not the writer who was hurt. For they are the ones that ruined it for us.

Yep, she's onto other things, which is a miracle---she may have stopped writing period. But her muse wouldn't let her so, good for you SM. Just my humble opinion---and thank you for changing my mind, sweetie. : ) Prolific Peggy.


 

.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Support Group

Lose lbs together

Share your weight-

loss successes.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment