Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner Photo by: Kimberley French / Summit Entertainment
Kristen Stewart: Taylor Lautner Grew Up During New Moon
Taylor Lautner's transformation from human to wolf wasn't the most impressive change that came over him for New Moon, according to Kristen Stewart – even more astounding was the way the 17-year-old went from skinny teen to hunky sex symbol for his role.

"He's literally become a different person. He's just grown up," Stewart, 19, said at a recent press conference to promote New Moon. "He's so confident and the nicest guy that I've ever met. I know that I'm using this grammatically incorrect but he's the funnest guy I've ever hung out with. So he's great. I'm so proud of him."

Lautner credits his routine of five days a week at the gym – and a gut-busting 3,200-calorie daily diet – with getting him in werewolf shape.


"Everybody thinks it was the actual getting in the gym, that was easy," he said at a press conference in Beverly Hills Friday. "But, the eating was pretty hard … Putting something in your mouth every two hours. And I'm busy. I'm downtown L.A. going from meeting to meeting, so there's not time for me to be eating. I literally would have to carry a little baggie full of beef patties, raw almonds, sweet potatoes, so it's not like every two hours I'm eating ice cream."

As for the public scrutiny of their love lives, Stewart, who's been rumored to be romantically linked with Robert Pattinson, is already an old hand at dealing with the gossip.

"It's like as soon as I stopped trying to control everything that came out of my mouth and every picture that came out, that's when I became so much happier and it was so much easier to deal with," she said.


Sounds like Lautner's taking her advice to heart, especially when it comes to questions about his alleged romance with Taylor Swift.

"Well the very funny thing is that all of you have seen every single move I make so I guess I can leave that up to you to decide," he said.

See what other readers have to say about this story – or leave a comment of your own