Kellan Lutz Photo by: Globe Photos
New Moon Stars Recall Their First Kisses
Bella and Edward steam up the screen with their smooches in New Moon, but what about the real-life first kisses of the film's stars? Kellan Lutz confesses he first locked lips at the tender age of 7, and Peter Facinelli's first kiss almost landed him a black eye.

"I was playing truth or dare when I had my first kiss," Lutz said last week at the movie's Cinema Society and D&G star-studded screening in New York. "I was probably 7. I learned to hold the girl and I won as best kisser."

So why was he so good at it? "They picked me because I actually held the girls when I kissed them," said Lutz. "I loved kissing them because they had flavored lip glosses on, which was great."


Facinelli, who plays the patriarch vampire Dr. Carlisle Cullen, had his first kiss at a carnival in New York when he was 15. "It went horribly," he said. "I found out that this girl was dating someone that I knew and the guy was very upset that I was kissing his girlfriend and I almost got my butt kicked over my first kiss."

The 35-year-old father of three, who is married to Jennie Garth, tried – unsuccessfully – to prevent one of his daughters from seeing Edward and Bella's onscreen make-out session. "I got a little red in the face because I took my daughter to the premiere in L.A.," he said. "I was trying to cover her eyes but she was peeking through my fingers."

Nikki Reed, who plays vampire Rosalie Hale, says she doesn't remember her first kiss, and was not affected by watching Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart make out for the film. "I don't really think anything about it because it happened so many times," she said. "I'm an actor. I see people kiss all the time."


Director Chris Weitz didn't give Pattinson and Stewart any direction during their love scenes – he didn't have to, considering their onscreen chemistry and experience. "They're actors and were just doing what they do," he said. "They're obviously very beautiful people. When you put them in front of a camera and they kiss each other, great things happen for the audience."