Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner
Kristen Stewart Says She'd 'Kill' for Taylor Lautner
 
Move over, Robert Pattinson, it seems Taylor Lautner is taking over your Twilight spotlight – and your leading lady.

"I love that kid," Lautner's New Moon love interest Kristen Stewart, 19, says in Entertainment Weekly's Fall Movie Preview issue, on newsstands Friday. "I would do anything for him. I would kill for him, literally."

But the 17-year-old heartthrob20– who originated his role as Bella's bestie Jacob Black – nearly lost his starring shot in the blockbuster franchise's follow-up, until Stewart stepped in.

"It's completely understandable why they wanted to make sure he was right," says Stewart, who with New Moon director Chris Weitz, encouraged Lautner's casting. "He was so young, 16, so I got it. But I knew he had [to do] it. Just because of how I felt around him. I literally saw Jacob in him.."

To further secure his role, Lautner famously gained more than 30 lbs. for New Moon. "Now I'm a big bad wolf!" he says.